Pumpkin pie usually gets served with ice cream, this time serve it with pumpkin pie ice cream!
No fancy machine needed to enjoy this recipe. Cold and creamy ice cream with holiday spices and crunchy cinnamon pie crust rippled through every bite!
- 1 frozen pie shell
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (about 1 cup)
- Pinch fine salt
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- Put a loaf pan in the freezer to chill. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle the pie shell with the sugar and cinnamon and bake until the crust is golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Set aside to cool, then crumble.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the pumpkin pie filling, condensed milk and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whip the cream with an electric mixer on medium-high until firm peaks form. Fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture with a rubber spatula until combined, then fold the lightened mixture into the whipped cream until well blended. Pour ½ the ice cream into the chilled loaf pan and layer all but 1 cup of the pie crust over it. Top with the remaining ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until solid and scoopable, minimum 3 hours or up to overnight. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and the reserved pie crust.