I've made monkey breads for breakfast, for a fun lunch time snack and even for a boozy late night treat. With Easter approaching why not put a festive spin on my family's favorite finger licking foods!
This Easter Egg Monkey Bread will be a perfect addition to any Easter brunch smorgasbord. Soft fluffy pastry with a creamy cream cheese center and hidden mini eggs to hunt for, what else could a kid ask for!
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated Original biscuits
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into 48 small pieces
- 16 pastel candy-coated chocolate eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Additional pastel candy-coated chocolate eggs for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 12-cup bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- Separate 2 cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated Original biscuits into 16 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 4 equal pieces; press out each piece until flat.
- In small bowl, stir together 1 cup packed brown sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut 4 oz cream cheese (half of 8-oz package) into 48 small pieces. Roll each piece of cream cheese in brown sugar mixture; place 1 piece in center of 48 flattened biscuits. Place 1 pastel candy-coated chocolate eggs in center of each of the remaining 16 flattened biscuits. Pull up sides of each flattened biscuit; pinch seams to seal.
- Dip each dough ball in 1/2 cup melted butter; roll around in remaining brown sugar mixture. Layer coated dough balls in pan, scattering chocolate egg-filled ones throughout.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Place heatproof plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan.
- In small bowl, beat 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon water with whisk until smooth. Drizzle icing over slightly cooled monkey bread. Decorate top with additional pastel candy-coated chocolate eggs.