If I could get a dozen boston cream donuts, I would! So there would be no bickering over who gets the boston cream. Fight no longer! I have the answer!
The easiest poke cake by far, but also the most incredible due to the fact that this is essentially the biggest boston cream donut ever! Better make 2 just to make sure there's some leftovers for yourself.
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix (plus box ingredients)
- 2 boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 4 cup Milk
- 1 container Chocolate Frosting
- Prepare cake in 13í—9 pan according to box directions.
- Allow to cool until just slightly warm.
- Use spoon handle to poke holes evenly across cake.
- Combine milk and pudding mix and whisk until well blended.
- Pour pudding over cake making sure it gets down into holes.
- Refrigerate cake for several hours to allow pudding to settle and set up.
- Open frosting container and remove foil seal.
- Microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat this until frosting is pourable.
- Pour over pudding layer and spread with spatula to cover completely.
- Refrigerate for at least several more hours.