Cream pies are my favorite but I’ve been getting a little bored with the usual flavors. Then I asked myself, why not try pineapple and boy was that a good idea!
All the usual ingredients that a great cream pie should have, plus pineapple. This tropical version of a classic pie is a vacation for your mouth with every bite! The result is a refreshing, creamy and oh-so-delicious pie that your whole family will love.
Give it a try and let us know how it turns out!
Get the full list of ingredients and directions for how to make this pineapple pie below.
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 20 oz Crushed Pineapple, drained very well
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 ounces cool whip
- Maraschino cherries
- Pineapple slices
- In a food processor ground whole graham crackers to get fine crumbs
- Combine graham crackers crumbs with ½ cup melted butter and stir until evenly moistened.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of 8” pie plate. Press hard to compact. You can use a glass to press the bottom, but use your fingers to press the sides.
- Set in the fridge to firm while making the filling.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed pineapple, sour cream and vanilla pudding mix
- Mix until well combined
- Pour into pie crust and spread evenly
- Top the pie with cool whip
- Decorate top with Maraschino cherries and pineapple slices.
Do you know someone that loves pineapple? Make sure to share this recipe with them!
You can watch our video below that shows you step by step how to make this irresistible pineapple cream pie. Enjoy!