I just love a good mash-up meal. Being able to make it all in one pot is a bonus, too! Introducing this One Pot Cajun Chicken and Sausage Alfredo...the most delicious meal you'll throw together in one pot!
This one pot pasta meal is the perfect blend of smoky sausage and creamy Alfredo. Add some extra broccoli to the mix for a bit more of a health factor, and you can always try subbing out the heavy cream for regular milk if you're looking to cut calories. Either way you make it, this dish is scrumptious and will feed your whole family (plus seconds!).
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14 ounces smoked sausage, sliced on the diagonal
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 pound dried penne pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning, plus more for topping
- 4 ounces freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat in a large covered cooking pot.
Add sausage and continue to cook until lightly browned.
Stir in garlic and cook for for about two minutes.
Add chicken broth, heavy cream, dried pasta and Cajun seasoning to pot.
Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Remove pot from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional Cajun seasoning to taste.