Some people don’t like pie and that’s ok, but pumpkin pie should be enjoyed by everyone. So I had to make it cake style!
Let’s start with a moist crust made out of cake mix, secondly tons of pumpkin pie flavor and creamy cream cheese right on top. Serve this up with some whipped cream or ice cream and watch it disappear!
For the crust:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
For the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- For the crust: Place the cake mix, egg and butter in a medium bowl. Using a mixer, beat the mixture until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and press the dough down to cover the bottom of the pan.
- For the filling: Place the cream cheese and pumpkin into a large bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar to the pumpkin mixture and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture on top of the crust and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 80-90 minutes or until center is just set. Cool completely, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days before you plan to serve it.
- Cut into squares and serve, topped with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice if desired.