Fun party cake ideas are not hard to find, but I guarantee you’ve never seen this one! Well you might have if you tripped in the kitchen! Ooops!
No baking experience needed for these party show stoppers, simple cake mix and ice cream cones and you're good to go! Even if you've never worked with candy melts this is a great place to start!
- Cake mix, plus ingredients required on the box
- Ice cream cones
- Vanilla frosting
- Candy melts in desired colors
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place ice cream cones into each hole of a muffin pan. Fill the cones ⅔ of the way full with cake batter, then bake 20-25 minutes, or until the tops have begun turning golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop vanilla icing on each cupcake, then pop into the refrigerator to chill until the frosting hardens.
- Melt down the candy melts on 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth. Place a small amount in a piping bag, then pipe a “spill” shape onto the parchment paper.
- Dip the “ice cream” icing part of a cupcake in the smooth candy melts, then place it upside-down onto the “spill” while still wet. Shake the baking sheet gently to remove any air bubbles and to smooth out the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still wet, add sprinkles to decorate the cone.
- Set the cones in the refrigerated until the chocolate is hard, then carefully remove the cones from the parchment paper. Serve and enjoy!