If you're looking for a simple summer dessert recipe, look no further...this orange juice cake is exactly what you need! Bursting with mouthwatering flavors of citrus and orange, it's just like eating a fluffy creamsicle that you can't seem to get enough of.
Perfect for any summer evening dinner parties, this orange juice cake provides the perfect balance of sweet and light leaving your guests not feeling uncomfortably full. There's just something about the light citrus flavors that come with summer time.
I gave this recipe a try for the first time, and was surprised at how much the kids enjoyed it. Usually they only like something that's loaded with sugar, chocolate, and every sprinkle in the house, so you could imagine my surprise when they came up asking for a second piece.
Give this dessert recipe a try on your next BBQ night, I promise you won't be disappointed!
Looking for more summer dessert recipes? Check these scrumptious treats:
3. Pour into the prepared bundt pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the icing sugar and orange juice until smooth and then drizzle over cooled cake.
6. Sprinkle with orange zest and chopped pistachio’s.
7. Slice and enjoy!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 box orange jello
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¾ cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 orange
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a bundt pan.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and mix together (cake mix, orange jello, orange juice, vegetable oil, and eggs).
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the icing sugar and orange juice until smooth and then drizzle over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with orange zest and chopped pistachio’s