When classic PB&J sandwiches merry together with French toast, you know it’s a breakfast (or dessert) to remember.
This PB&J Stuffed French Toast is absolutely scrumptious any time of day. This over the top breakfast idea is perfect for sharing - throw some strawberries on the side for a little dose of “healthy” balance. This once-in-a-while treat is one you’ll want to eat all the time!
- 1 loaf of bread
- Peanut butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups ground Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar and/or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make PB&J sandwiches using the bread, peanut butter and jelly.
- Combine the heavy cream, eggs, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl.
- Grind Cinnamon Toast Crunch with a food processor and place crumbs in a medium bowl or baking dish.
- Take each PB&J sandwich and place in egg mixture. Next put it into the ground cereal mixture and make sure to cover the whole thing in cereal.
- Turn your stove to medium-high heat and melt butter in the pan. Place the prepared sandwiches into the pan.
- Allow the sandwich to crisp up to a golden-brown for about a minute or two on each side in the pan.
- Allow the French toast to finish in the oven for about 5 minutes. This will keep them warm until they are ready to serve.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top.