Pancakes are a staple in my family’s weekend routine, so when Peanut Butter Apple-Stuffed Pancakes came around, our taste buds just couldn’t believe it!
It’s ridiculously easy stepping up your basic pancakes with this recipe. Slice up your favorite apples into rounds, spread with peanut butter, then dunk ‘em into pancake batter. Cook them in a pan, then serve with your favorite toppings. Here’s to a new way to make Saturday morning great!
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup + 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- 1 apple
- peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- caramel sauce, for serving (optional)
- maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- Mix together the pancake mix, egg, and milk in a medium mixing bowl until well-combined.
- Slice the apple into thin rounds, then remove the core. Spread peanut butter on half the apple slices, sandwiching them with another apple slice.
- Dip each peanut butter-apple sandwich into the prepared pancake mix, coating well. Repeat until all sandwiches are dipped.
- Heat butter in a large pan over medium heat, then cook pancake mix-coated apple sandwiches until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from pan to a plate, then serve immediately with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!