Candy canes are great by themselves but have you ever tried making dessert with them? Use your imagination and create something truly unique.
Every layer will keep you coming back for more. Crispy wafers on the bottom, peppermint cheesecake, chocolate pudding in the middle and smooth whipped cream on top all covered in of course crushed candy canes!
- vanilla wafers (about 2.5 cups)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tub Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding
- crushed candy canes
- Begin by crushing wafers in a Ziploc bag. Add melted butter and mix until well coated. Press onto the bottom of 13x9 dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and peppermint extract until well blended. Fold in half of Cool Whip and mix well. Spread over crust.
- Make pudding by whisking milk and instant pudding in a bowl. Pour over cream cheese layer and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Add crushed candy canes right before serving. ENJOY!