Bite sized appetizers will be at the forefront of everyone’s party plans. Mushrooms are natures cup and can be filled with pretty much anything!
Roasted mushrooms filled with herbaceous pesto and creamy ricotta, encrusted with crispy Parmesan cheese. You might want to make a double batch, these guys won’t last long at any party.
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- ½ pound ricotta cheese
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Put your ricotta into a bowl with the lemon zest, pesto, cayenne and a little salt and pepper. Beat together with a wooden spoon, then fold in your chopped oregano and the Parmesan.
- Carefully remove the stalks from your mushrooms and discard them, then toss the mushroom caps in a little oil, salt and pepper. Lay them upside down on a baking tray so that they can be filled with small amounts of your delicious ricotta mixture.
- Carefully spoon in the filling, sprinkle a little Parmesan over the top and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.