Any dessert with pretzel wins the key to my heart. These Pink Lemonade Bars with Pretzel Crust are equally delicious and refreshing, and make the perfect treat in the summer, (or anytime, really).
Crush up some pretzels for the yummiest crust you’ve tried in a while, and use some pink lemonade concentrate from the freezer aisle to make things nice and citrusy. Serve these up and they’ll be gone in no time!
For the crust:
- 2 cups (about 4 ounces) crushed pretzels
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
For the topping:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 boxes (4-serving size each) white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 or 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip, thawed
For the garnish:
- Lemon slices, cut into fourths
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor add in pretzels and sugar, then process for about 20 seconds, or until they are finely crushed. Continue processing and add melted butter through the feed tube, ensuring to mix well.
- Press the pretzel mixture evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 11x7 baking pan. Bake 5 to 8 minutes, or until set and golden brown. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave the cream cheese for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until well-softened, then stir until smooth.
- Using a hand mixer, beat in the dry pudding mix on medium speed until well-combined. Add lemonade concentrate, and food coloring to desired amount. Beat with hand mixer on low until mixed, then continue beating on medium speed, about 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Gently fold in 2 cups of Cool Whip until smooth. Spread evenly over crust, then spread remaining Cool Whip over lemonade mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set, then cut dessert into squares and garnish each serving with lemon.