Baked brie is a holiday staple for any festive occasion. So why not make it even more festive with adding pumpkin to the mix!
Not only does this looks like a pumpkin it also taste like one too! Flaky puff pastry wrapped around a creamy wheel of brie with pumpkin butter added for that special pumpkin flavor! This gooey treat is a crowd pleaser!
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- Small brie wheel
- ¼ cup pumpkin butter
- 1 cheese straw
- Red & yellow food coloring
- 1 egg white
- Fresh sage leaves
- Butcher twine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Begin by cutting 5 strands of twine about 1 foot long and lay them in a web pattern on your baking sheet. Unroll the puff pastry and lay it centered on the twine web.
- Center the brie wheel on top of the pastry sheet, then evenly spread the pumpkin butter on top of the cheese.
- Bring the corners of the puff pastry into the middle, gently pinching the edges to seal any openings. Tie the opposite ends of twine around into the center, then flip everything over so the nearer side is on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg white with 3 drops yellow food coloring and 1 drop red food coloring. Lightly brush this onto the surface of the puff pastry.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once removed from the oven, allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then carefully cut and remove the strings.
- To decorate, cut a small slit in the top center and place a cheese straw in to become a “stem,” as well as a sprig of sage. Serve with crackers or crusty bread. Enjoy!