Pizza has owned the realm of pockets for the longest time, but what about dessert pockets?! More specifically pie pockets!
Pumpkin Pie Bites are everything you love about the classic pie, minus the crumbly crust! Delicious and simple pie you can eat on the go!
- 1 tube of crescent roll dough
For pumpkin pie filling:
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, well-drained of excess moisture (squeeze carefully through several layers of paper towel)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the coating:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the icing:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk, or more to reach desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the pumpkin pie filling, in a bowl mix together cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar until well-combined. Stir in pumpkin puree to the cream cheese mixture, then add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice. Add in egg yolk and vanilla extract until smooth and evenly combined.
- Lay out crescent roll dough and separate into 4 rectangles, sealing the perforation between the triangles. Cut each rectangle in half to make 8 squares.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of pumpkin filling into the center of each dough square. Pinch the corners of the dough around the pumpkin filling and roll gently to make a well-sealed ball.
- In a small bowl, mix together ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Brush each ball with melted butter, then roll evenly in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Set each bite, seal side-down, onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2-inch gaps apart.
- Bake 11-15 minutes, or until bites are evenly golden brown.
- Prepare the icing in a small bowl by mixing together powdered sugar and milk, 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach the desired thickness. Drizzle over the bombs, then serve immediately. Enjoy!