Roll ups are a super fun and easy way to get kids in the kitchen and make some fun food. This holiday season needs pumpkin and well let’s do a Pumpkin Pie Roll Up!
Smoosh some plain white bread and fill it up with creamy cheese, warm holiday spices and of course pumpkin! Roll them up and fry in butter! What else could you possibly need!?
- 1 loaf white bread
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Prepare bread by slicing off the crusts and roll each of them flat with a rolling pin.
- Spread a line of cream cheese across the bread, then spread a line of pumpkin pie filling on top.
- Roll the bread up into little tubes, setting aside until all bread has been filled and rolled.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract until well-combined. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Set a large pan over medium heat, then melt enough butter to coat the pan. Working quickly, dunk each roll up in the egg mixture, then place seam side-down into the melted butter in the pan. Work in batches, turning the roll ups as needed, until all sides are golden brown.
- Once roll ups are finished cooking, roll them quickly into the cinnamon mixture. Serve warm. Enjoy!