Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes are a fun treat for fall, packed with tons of pumpkin and pumpkin spice to warm you from the inside out!
Top these off with caramel sauce and you’ve got an edible confection that you can decorate with latte “accessories” like a straw and green cupcake liner. These make a sweet novelty cupcake for a bake sale or party. You will love these a latte!
For the cupcakes:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup coffee, cooled
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Caramel sauce
- Extra pumpkin pie spice for sprinkling
- Green cupcake liners, optional
- Green plastic straws, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cupcake ingredients until well-incorporated.
- Scoop evenly into cupcake liners about ¾ of the way full, then bake 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with little to no crumbs.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then carefully remove from the muffin tin and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, in a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until creamy. Add the powdered sugar and cream slowly in increments, until everything is smooth and fully incorporated, desired consistency is reached, and mixture is smooth. If the frosting is too thick, add cream in 1 teaspoon at a time; or if frosting is too thin, add powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time.
- Once cupcakes are fully cooled, fill a piping bag with a large star tip and the prepared frosting. Frost the cupcakes, sprinkle lightly with additional pumpkin pie spice, and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- If desired, add a trimmed green straw in the top. Enjoy!