Pumpkin spice everything is still all the rage! These Pumpkin Spice Reese’s Cups combine America’s favorite Reese’s cups with deliciously comforting pumpkin spice for a treat that’s irresistible.
These cups are so easy to make - those chocolate lovers in your life will be asking for seconds and thirds! No baking required, so turn off that oven, and get ready for yummy pumpkin flavor!
- ½ cup cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 4 cups milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners, then set aside. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, stir together the pumpkin puree, peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar. Continue stirring until completely melted and starting to bubble slightly. Remove from heat.
- Add in the powdered sugar a little at a time, stirring until completely well-incorporated. Set aside to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening together in the microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into the bottom and slightly up the sides of each mini muffin liner.
- Using a heaping teaspoon or small cookie scoop, scoop out the peanut butter mixture. Roll the mixture into balls, then flatten slightly into disks. Place the disks onto the prepared baking sheet, then place both the chocolate-filled muffin tins and pumpkin-peanut butter disks into the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove both tins from the refrigerator, then place a pumpkin-peanut butter disk into each mini muffin liner.
- Scoop more melted chocolate to completely cover the disks in the mini muffin liners (remelt the chocolate in the microwave using the same technique if it is no longer melted).
- Chill finished muffin liners in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes, then serve. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer. Enjoy!