Summertime trips to the ice cream parlor is a tradition I will never get tired of. I wanted to bring those flavors to a dessert to feed all my party-goers.
My Banana Split Trifle starts with your favorite box white cake mix then layers of strawberries, pineapple and of course bananas! All topped with whipped cream, rich chocolate sauce and even a cherry on top!
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients on the box
- 2 packages instant banana pudding, plus milk required on the boxes
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 ½ – 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple (or 6 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 jar maraschino cherries, diced
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Prepare the cake and make sure it’s completely cooled before assembling the dessert.
- Cut the cake into bite-sized pieces. Prepare the pudding mix. In a trifle dish (or large bowl) break up the bite-size pieces, using half the cake for the first layer. Top the cake pieces with half of the pudding, half of the bananas, half of the strawberries, half of the pineapple, half of the Cool Whip, half the Maraschino cherries, half of the chocolate syrup and half of the nuts. Repeat all these steps with the remaining ingredients in the same order. Chill until ready to serve.