Aren't slow cookers the best? You throw some ingredients in, you go to work, you come home, you likely don't have the motivation to cook dinner, and voila! Dinner is ready without you having to lift a finger.
With a slow cooker, you just have to take five minutes to throw everything in, and then boom! Perfect dinner every time! Did I mention that every part of this recipe gets cooked together? There's no fussing about in the kitchen preparing the veggies separately!
Honey garlic is one of my personal favorite flavors of chicken, and this dish does not disappoint when it comes to flavor.
If you're like me and are looking to try making some new easy dinner recipes, then I think you'll really enjoy this one. Let us know how it turns out!
If you want to try more delicious chicken recipes, you can have a look at these:
Check out the simple recipe below and you will have an amazing meal with minimal effort.
In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
Line your slow cooker with all the chicken, spacing it out as best you can.
Add the baby red potatoes on top of the chicken.
Also add the carrots in.
Pour the honey garlic sauce over top of everything.
Cover and cook for 7-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
Add your green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time, mixing them in before covering again.
When it's done, pull the chicken out of the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet skin side up. Broil for 3-4 minutes or until the skin is crispy.
Serve with your veggies and you will have the perfect meal!
Doesn't that picture just make you so hungry? Get the step-by-step directions below so you can make this for dinner tonight!
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 baby carrots
- 16 oz green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Line your slow cooker with all the chicken, spacing it out as best you can.
- Add the baby red potatoes on top of the chicken.
- Next add in the carrots.
- Pour the honey garlic sauce over top of everything.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add the green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- When it's done cooking, remove the chicken and place on a baking sheet skin side up. Broil for 3-4 minutes until skin is crispy.
- Serve with your veggies for the perfect, easy weeknight meal!
Do you know someone who would love this delicious chicken dinner? Make sure to share it with them!