Quesadillas + burgers = love! Who would've thought?! Seriously, this is a recipe you've gotta try...run, don't walk! This monster of a burger is amazing.
All you need is two quesadillas, and you've got two buns for your delicious burger! Fry up the burger, add some quesadilla fixings, and you'll want to make it again and again! We used avocado, tomato and chipotle mayo to top ours, but feel free to customize the toppings to your taste!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1â„4 cup onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 jalapeño, sliced and deseeded
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced avocados
- Chipotle mayo
1) In a bowl, add ground beef, onions, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chipotle chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is combined. Make two large burger patties (similar to the size of your tortillas).
2) Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat, reduce to medium-high and cook burgers, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add a few more minutes if you want them more well done. Remove burgers from skillet and set aside.
3) Drain excess oil from pan. Evenly divide shredded cheese among 8 tortillas, and cover two with sliced jalapeños. Cook tortillas in the skillet, open faced and topped with cheese, over medium-high heat for a few seconds, then add a second tortilla on top, and flip. Keep flipping until tortillas are crispy and cheese is melted. Remove two quesadillas for each burger, then assemble your burger.
4) Take one quesadilla and place it on a serving dish. Top with burger patty, sliced tomatoes, avocados and chipotle mayo. Top with second quesadilla, then cover with more chipotle mayo if you'd like, serve and enjoy!