August 31, 2017 marked the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's tragic death. The Princess of Wales was just 36 years old when the car she was riding in crashed while attempting to escape the paparazzi in the streets of Paris, France.
Diana was loved by so many people all over the world because she wasn't afraid to show emotion, compassion, and vulnerability.
"There were people who just felt so involved with her dramas, her pain, her successes, and the way she evolved in front of our eyes from a charming, blushing schoolgirl to a diva goddess, and then a woman spurned by her husband, who, at the same time, sublimated all of that into her humanitarian works," said Tina Brown, author of the biography The Diana Chronicles. "It all just merged into being a very potent thing."
Decades after her death, the world is still fascinated by one of the most popular public figures to ever live. Over the years, we've got to learn a lot more about who Diana was through stories from her friends and family, as well as rare photographs.
Last year, a book of never-before-seen photographs of the late royal titled Remembering Diana: A Life in Photographs was released. Diana's sons, Princes William and Harry, also shared three photos from her personal photo album to mark the anniversary of her passing.
The Duke and Prince Harry are pleased to share 3 photographs from the personal photo album of the late Diana, Princess of Wales. pic.twitter.com/mUhzQB08TV
Turns out, there are a lot more rare photos of the late princess floating around. Here are 18 of them:
1. A young Lady Diana Spencer poses with her pet guinea pig, who helped her win two prizes at pet shows, in the late 1960s.
2. A preteen Diana is photographed jumping into a pool
3. It's no wonder she became one of the most photographed women in the world! She always knew how to strike the right pose.
4. This photograph of a fresh-faced, teenage Diana can be found in the Spencer family album. It was taken on May 13, 1975 at Itchenor, West Sussex.
5. Lady Diana poses with her pet pony named Scuffle.
6. Signs of "Shy Di" can be spotted in this photograph of a college-aged Diana.
7. Paparazzi caught Diana with a shocked expression as she made her way to her job as a kindergarten teacher in 1980.
8. The Princess of Wales gives her husband, Prince Charles, a playful look during a visit to the Cheshire Regiment at Tidworth just days after their July 1981 nuptials.
9. Diana gives a picture-perfect smile while posing for a photo during a shooting trip with Prince Charles, her bridesmaid Lady Sarah Chatto, and Viscount Linley.
10. New parents Diana and Prince Charles play with their infant son, Prince William, in 1982 at Kensington Palace.
11. Princess Diana poses with one of her best friends, Lucia Flecha De Lima, on Christmas 1994.
12. Diana, William, Harry and their friends enjoy a day at the beach.
13. Diana runs to hug her firstborn after a long day of engagements. William shared a very special bond with his late mother.
14. Diana chuckles at Prince Charles on their royal flight Australia during the royal tour of the Pacific.
15. Diana shares a special moment of joy with her sisters, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Lady Jane Fellowes Tuck, while leaving the Royal Opera House in 1995.
16. The family of four were caught enjoying a bike ride while vacationing in the Scilly isles. Both Diana and Charles had incredibly busy lives, so family trips and activities were very important to them.
17. It must've been a long day for Diana, who is seen leaning on a car after the Royal Ascot races in 1981.
18. During her final days, Diana had the time of her life with her boys in St. Tropez.
Could it be that the two most talked about members of the royal family won't be living in England any more? That's what some reports are saying about Prince Harry and his very pregnant wife, Meghan Markle. Instagram - Sussex RoyalAccording to The Sunday Times, one of Britain's most trusted newspaper, Harry's advisers have been working on a plan that would establish a "bespoke" role for him in Africa, which would "combine some work on
When it was announced that Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, were having a baby, royal family fans went wild. The announcement was made on the Kensington Palace official Twitter account in October of 2018, and since then, there's basically been a constant baby-watch on Markle. Twitter - Kensington Palace"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby in
The Crown has become one of the most popular shows that Netflix has ever produced. It follows the life of the Royal Family, specifically Queen Elizabeth II’s reign after world war two ends. The show gives a sometimes raunchy, always controversial view inside the palace, and viewers have enjoyed watching moments on screen they had otherwise only heard about in history books. NetflixApparently, even the queen has watched the show, and she doesn't exactly
What's the longest grudge you've ever held against your spouse? Not just a playful reminder now and then, but a legitimate, infuriating grudge? Even 2 years is an insane amount of time. Not if you ask Prince Henrik of Denmark, 2 years is easy. For him, the grudge he held against his wife has been boiling for 45 years. Henrik de Monpezat served in the French army during the Algerian war and in 1962 he
Days after the tragic attacks at a pair of mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, emotional tributes to the 50 innocent victims and messages of support are still pouring in from around the world.The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were the latest to pay their respects, as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visited a memorial at London’s New Zealand House.The pair visited on behalf of the royal family, brought a pair of bouquets,
After months of public nitpicking and heated interviews, Duchess Meghan Markle’s half-sister Samantha still has more to say.And in a new TV documentary about Meghan’s estranged family, Samantha, 54, didn’t hold anything back.In Meghan & the Markles: A Family at War, Samantha addressed the emotional, handwritten letter Meghan, 37, sent to their father Thomas, 74, which he recently shared with the press against Meghan's wishes.Meghan wrote to her dad that