August 31, 2017 marked the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's tragic death. The Princess of Wales was just 36 years old when the car she was riding in crashed while attempting to escape the paparazzi in the streets of Paris, France.
Diana was loved by so many people all over the world because she wasn't afraid to show emotion, compassion, and vulnerability.
"There were people who just felt so involved with her dramas, her pain, her successes, and the way she evolved in front of our eyes from a charming, blushing schoolgirl to a diva goddess, and then a woman spurned by her husband, who, at the same time, sublimated all of that into her humanitarian works," said Tina Brown, author of the biography The Diana Chronicles. "It all just merged into being a very potent thing."
Decades after her death, the world is still fascinated by one of the most popular public figures to ever live. Over the years, we've got to learn a lot more about who Diana was through stories from her friends and family, as well as rare photographs.
Last year, a book of never-before-seen photographs of the late royal titled Remembering Diana: A Life in Photographs was released. Diana's sons, Princes William and Harry, also shared three photos from her personal photo album to mark the anniversary of her passing.
The Duke and Prince Harry are pleased to share 3 photographs from the personal photo album of the late Diana, Princess of Wales. pic.twitter.com/mUhzQB08TV
Turns out, there are a lot more rare photos of the late princess floating around. Here are 18 of them:
1. A young Lady Diana Spencer poses with her pet guinea pig, who helped her win two prizes at pet shows, in the late 1960s.
2. A preteen Diana is photographed jumping into a pool
3. It's no wonder she became one of the most photographed women in the world! She always knew how to strike the right pose.
4. This photograph of a fresh-faced, teenage Diana can be found in the Spencer family album. It was taken on May 13, 1975 at Itchenor, West Sussex.
5. Lady Diana poses with her pet pony named Scuffle.
6. Signs of "Shy Di" can be spotted in this photograph of a college-aged Diana.
7. Paparazzi caught Diana with a shocked expression as she made her way to her job as a kindergarten teacher in 1980.
8. The Princess of Wales gives her husband, Prince Charles, a playful look during a visit to the Cheshire Regiment at Tidworth just days after their July 1981 nuptials.
9. Diana gives a picture-perfect smile while posing for a photo during a shooting trip with Prince Charles, her bridesmaid Lady Sarah Chatto, and Viscount Linley.
10. New parents Diana and Prince Charles play with their infant son, Prince William, in 1982 at Kensington Palace.
11. Princess Diana poses with one of her best friends, Lucia Flecha De Lima, on Christmas 1994.
12. Diana, William, Harry and their friends enjoy a day at the beach.
13. Diana runs to hug her firstborn after a long day of engagements. William shared a very special bond with his late mother.
14. Diana chuckles at Prince Charles on their royal flight Australia during the royal tour of the Pacific.
15. Diana shares a special moment of joy with her sisters, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Lady Jane Fellowes Tuck, while leaving the Royal Opera House in 1995.
16. The family of four were caught enjoying a bike ride while vacationing in the Scilly isles. Both Diana and Charles had incredibly busy lives, so family trips and activities were very important to them.
17. It must've been a long day for Diana, who is seen leaning on a car after the Royal Ascot races in 1981.
18. During her final days, Diana had the time of her life with her boys in St. Tropez.
Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen’s husband, was involved in a car crash Thursday while driving near one of his estates.The 97-year-old royal, who was behind the wheel of a Range Rover during the crash, is reportedly unharmed. Philip was treated by a doctor at Sandringham.Northern Ireland Office - WikimediaBuckingham Palace reported that the crash near the Queen’s Sandringham estate involved a second vehicle, and that police responded
If there's one thing we all know not to do when having an encounter with a pregnant lady is to comment on their size. However, it seems some people have not gotten the memo because one woman was just recorded calling Meghan Markle a "fat lady" during a recent outing to visit one of her new patronages. The Duchess of Sussex, who is expecting her first child with Prince Harry, was visiting the animal charity
As soon as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced last October that they were expecting their first child, fans have been speculating about the baby's gender, due date and possible names. So far, there is very little known about the upcoming heir as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as well as their families have kept the details private.As tradition dictates, a royal baby's sex and name are usually kept secret until after the
James Middleton, Kate and Pippa Middleton's younger brother, is reminding us that mental illness doesn't discriminate in a new article he wrote for The Daily Mail. In the lengthy piece, Middleton candidly discusses his crippling battle with depression and other conditions - Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and dyslexia - that took a massive toll on his mind and body. The 31-year-old emphasized that having a "privileged life" did not make him "immune to depression," an
While a lot of people believe that being a part of the royal family is all fun and games, there is quite a lot of obligation that goes along with a title. You can't just spend your time hanging around Buckingham Palace and wearing the crown jewels. You've got to attend countless events and fundraisers, making sure that the royal family is well represented at all times. As with all families, there is always one
Fox News Channel anchor Bret Baier told fans he was lucky to survive a harrowing car crash earlier this week.In a statement Tuesday, Baier, 48, revealed that he, his wife, and their two sons were involved in a "major car crash" during a ski trip to Montana.Baier blamed "icy roads" for the crash, and thanked "a man driving by named Zach who stopped and helped, we were able to climb out of the