With the 4th of July right around the corner don't stress about dessert recipes, you only need this poke cake for your big bash!
This super easy poke cake starts with your favorite box cake mix, then topped with fresh berries and creamy white chocolate whipped topping. Finally decorate this simple cake with the stars and stripes!
- 1 box white cake mix + Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 1 box (4-serving size) strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 box (4-serving size) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- â…“ cup milk
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ up fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool completely in pan, about 1 hour.
- Poke cooled cake with back of wooden spoon at 1 inch intervals. In medium bowl, stir gelatin and boiling water until dissolved. Stir in cold water. Carefully pour mixture over entire surface of cake. Refrigerate at least 3 hours until serving time.
- In large bowl, mix pudding mix and milk until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Arrange strawberries and blueberries on top of cake to look like flag. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.