I don't know about you, but I can never get my fill of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I've finally stumbled upon a solution - this Party-Size Peanut Butter Cup!
This is perfect for a party, because this peanut butter cup is made for sharing. Not to mention is a showstopping and unforgettable dessert that all your family and friends will love. Pull out that trusty tart pan and give this delicious dessert a try!
Do you love chocolate and peanut butter desserts? Would you give this recipe a try? Let us know what you think!
Get the full list of ingredients and directions for this party size peanut butter cup below.
- Nonstick spray
- 18 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 pound unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 3/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- Spray inside of 10" fluted tart pan ring with nonstick spray. Wrap the removable bottom of pan with plastic wrap and gather excess plastic underneath (it should be smooth on top of removable bottom). Set inside ring.
- Heat chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water (bowl should not touch water), stirring, until melted. Remove from heat and, stirring constantly, add oil. Let cool, stirring occasionally, until chocolate mixture firms slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Pour a little less than half of chocolate mixture into prepared pan; reserve remaining chocolate mixture at room temperature. Tilt pan until bottom is evenly coated. Chill until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, purée peanuts, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and salt in a food processor, scraping bowl often, until mixture forms a large mass around the blade that sticks together; do not over-process or mixture will be too soft and greasy.
- Transfer peanut mixture to a large sheet of wax paper. Press firmly into a disk 1/4" smaller than diameter of tart pan, about 9 3/4", until no cracks remain. Carefully invert disk into tart pan, centering it. Peel off and discard wax paper.
- Pour reserved chocolate mixture (it should be the consistency of fudge sauce) over center of peanut disk. Tilt pan to spread completely over the top, filling the gap between edges of pan and disk, until smooth. Chill until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Remove sides of tart pan. Carefully lift tart off bottom of pan, then slide onto a platter while removing plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature 10 minutes, then cut into wedges.
Do you know someone who's obsessed with chocolate and peanut butter desserts? Make sure to share this recipe with them!
You can watch our video below that shows you step by step how to make this epic peanut butter cup at home. Enjoy!