Growing up I really wasn't a fan of the food served in our school cafeteria, which I'm sure many of you can also relate to. However, from time to time they would whip up a couple batches of these delicious peanut butter bars, and when that happened, those were GREAT days!
Soft, gooey, melt in your mouth peanut butter bars that I guarantee you can't just have one of!
- 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of melted peanut butter
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, melt together peanut butter and unsalted butter then set aside to cool until it reaches room temperature.
- In a larger bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, and salt.
- Whisk in eggs, and then add in vanilla and continue to whisk, and finally add in peanut butter/butter mixture and whisk until combined.
- Sift in flour and mix until flour disappears.
- Pour into baking dish and place in oven to bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove bars from oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Next is to prepare the icing! In a medium sized bowl, mix together the melted peanut butter, icing sugar, and milk (you can add more milk till you reach your desired consistency).
- Drizzle icing over peanut butter bars, and allow icing to set.
- Cut up bars and serve away! Enjoy!