This classic beef and broccoli dish is one of my absolute favorite meals! I usually order it when I go out for Chinese food, but it's nice to make it at home for the whole family to enjoy when you just don't feel like going out.
What's great about this recipe is that it's super quick and easy to make after a long day. Everything gets put on a baking sheet and thrown in the oven - there's no need to tend to multiple pots and pans on the stove!
It makes enough for dinner for the family, or you can divide it up for lunches throughout the week. It's delicious on it's own, or you can serve it over rice, quinoa or noodles.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb steak (flank is best for this) cut against the grain in bite sized pieces
- 4-6 cups broccoli
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Add the soy sauce, garlic, honey, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the steak to the bowl and marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Use tongs to transfer the steak to the sheet pan and set aside.
- Add the reserved sauce from the steak to the broccoli florets and mix. Add the broccoli to the sheet pan with the steak. Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- If you have marinade left over add it to a pot over the stove and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch+water slurry to thicken. If it gets too thick add 1/4 - 1/2 cup water.
- Remove the beef and broccoli from the oven and serve over rice, quinoa or noodles. Drizzle the marinade on top and sprinkle sliced green onions and sesame seeds on top for garnish. Enjoy!
What's your favorite sheet pan meal to make at home?
You can watch our step by step video below that shows you how to make this delicious Beef and Broccoli dinner. Let us know how it turns out!