Here's a fun twist on the classic rice krispie squares recipe....rice krispie cupcakes! If you're in a pinch for time to make cupcakes for a party, try these. Delicious cake tasting rice krispies that can be decorated however you'd like!
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 5oz of marshmallows
- 1 tablespoons of sprinkles
- 1/2 cup margarine room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond milk
- Melt margarine in a pot over medium heat.
- Add in marshmallows stirring constantly to avoid any burning.
- Once marshmallows have melted, add in yellow cake mix and sprinkles. Stir to combine.
- In a well greased muffin tin, fill each space with the rice krispie mixture. Use the back of a spoon to pack it in well, and then allow to cool inside a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- For the frosting, cream together the margarine using a hand mixer, and then slowly add in the icing sugar and stir until well combined.
- Finally, add in vanilla and almond milk. Stir to combine and then transfer frosting into a piping bag.
- Remove rice krispies from muffin tins, frost as desired, and then top with sprinkles!