Moms everywhere are rolling their eyes so hard they've probably given themselves a headache. For years, millions of mothers have told their children not to play with their food and "no, don't put that up your nose" has been the mantra of anyone who's ever raised a three-year-old.
It's fair to say that the individuals who invented 'snortable chocolate' were probably the same kids who shoved peas up their nose.
It's true that chocolate can have a positive effect on our memory and concentration by naturally increasing the blood flow to the brain. Dark chocolate especially can help to prevent heart disease, improve your mood and even protect your skin.
But, given the sugar content, just how much we should consume and how often are still a subject no one can agree on.
While the benefits of chocolate are often debated, one thing no one questioned was whether we should be putting it up our noses - until now.
Coco Loko is a "snortable" chocolate powder that supposedly gives you an energy boost.
According to the company that created the product, Legal Lean, the powder's raw cacao promotes a "euphoric" experience that will "help with anxiety and to reduce stress." The chocolate mix also includes energizing ginkgo biloba, taurine and guarana - ingredients often found in energy drinks.
Nick Anderson, the founder of Legal Lean, tells The Washington Post that the effects last between 30 minutes to an hour and gives the user motivation to "get things done."
Snorting chocolate is a relatively new concept. With little research to verify that it is actually safe to consume cacao powder through your nose, doctors are skeptical.
“The question is, what are the risks of doing it?” said Dr. Andrew Lane, director of the Johns Hopkins Sinus Center. “There’s no data, and as far as I can tell, no one’s studied what happens if you inhale chocolate into your nose."
The product hit shelves in the United States last week and has yet to be approved by the Food and Drug Administration. If you're feeling adventurous, tins of Coco Loko are available for $25 online.
If you think that's weird, you could be baking your cookies with this dangerous hallucinogen.
Do you use energy drinks? Would you try this?