With so many existing poke cake combinations already out on the market, why not throw one more in the mix! Poke cakes have honestly become my go to dessert for big family dinners or get together when I need something that will feed a lot of people. These things are SO unbelievably easy to make and they are also something my kids can help with! Hey, nothing like killing 2 birds with one stone am I right? My daughter loves to help me bake so these cakes are right up her alley!
I have made soooo many different types of these cakes and I have yet to hear someone protest. They are big enough for my whole family which is KEY! I used to make little squares or I a few different types of pies, but that honestly would take me all day to do. I dreaded it!
Poke cakes are done within a few hours and I can do a ton around the house or with my kids between each step. Nothing worse than a recipe you are stuck in the kitchen for hours with especially if you are trying to cook a dinner already! TOO MUCH!
This poke cake in particular I decided to channel the summer feeling with strawberries and bananas. Keeping it fresh and fruity. With a moist strawberry cake base, cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit to top it off, this is the perfect spring or summer after dinner patio dessert.
Want More Poke Cake? Check out:
Mix cake and bake according to directions using a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Allow to cool and poke holes with the back of a wooden spoon (or something round) roughly one inch apart.
Ensure holes are poked down all the way to the bottom of the pan to allow for pudding to fill in a later step.
In a separate bowl, both packages of pudding mix with 4 cups of water, blending well. Microwave for 3-5 minutes and continue to blend until thickened.
Pour thickened pudding mix over the cake, pushing into the holes to fully fill.
Once evenly coated and filled, place the cake in the fridge to set for about an hour.
Once fully chilled, using your premixed cream cheese frosting, pour frosting over the cake and coat the entire top evenly.
Top the cake with freshly cut strawberries and bananas.
Serve up right away and enjoy a fluffy, sweet and delicious after dinner or any occasion cake!
Want to try out this recipe yourself? GO FOR IT! It was sooo easy to make and took little to no time to make at all!
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 packs banana pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- 1 jar cream cheese frosting
- 4 bananas
- 1 pint strawberries
- Mix cake mix, eggs, butter, and 1 cup milk well in a large bowl. Pour into a 9×13″ Pyrex dish and bake according to package directions. Let cool.
- Take the back of a wooden spoon and poke holes about every 2″ in the cake. Make sure the holes go all the way to the bottom of the dish.
- Whisk together 4 cups milk and banana pudding mix. Microwave for 3-5 minutes and whisk until thickened.
- Pour the pudding mix into the holes of the cake. Push the pudding into the holes with your wooden spoon.
- Place cake in the fridge to set for about an hour.
- Pour frosting mixture over top of cooled cake and spread.
- Top with sliced bananas and strawberries. Serve immediately.