Just as American as apple pie is Jello! No 4th of July party should go without it! Of course this recipe will have the colors that we all love!
Red, White and blue in a jiggly treat that screams 4th of July! As simple as it looks and just as patriotic too!
- 1 (6 ounce) box red Jello
- 1 (6 ounce) box blue Jello
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin
- For each flavor, dissolve one box of Jello in 2 cups of boiling water. Pour into two separate 9x13" pans and chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- After chilling the flavors, cut them into small squares. Mix both colors of Jello squares in one 9x13" pan. In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water. Let the gelatin expand in the water for a few minutes, then add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and whisk together until the unflavored gelatin dissolves.
- Mix in the can of sweetened condensed milk, stir and let cool at room temperature. Once the milk mixture has cooled, pour over Jello squares in the 9x13" pan. Chill for a few hours until set up. Cut into blocks or shapes and serve.