Taco night is something every kid in America prays for, but every parent in America is thinking about all the dishes, chopping and prep that goes into such a simple meal. Fret no longer, I have the answer! What if everything can be made in one dish? And be done in 30 minutes or sooner?
Grab your 9 by 13 dish and start throwing everything in! That's it! Seriously there's nothing to it, tare up some ready made biscuit dough, cook some beef and all the hard stuff is done! Bake it and serve your soon to be very happy family.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef, cooked
- 1 tube Pillsbury biscuits
- Taco seasoning
- 1 small jar salsa
- 2 cup diced peppers
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green onion, thinly sliced
- sour cream and cilantro for garnish
- Cook your ground beef in a pan on the stove, add your taco seasoning and simmer for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Mix your ground beef and salsa together in a bowl.
- Cut up peppers & onion, and cut your biscuits into 6 pieces each.
- Place half of your biscuit pieces in the bottom of your casserole dish, top with half of your meat mixture, half of your peppers and onions and half of your cheese. Repeat layers and finish with your chopped green onion on top.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake in oven for 35 minutes, remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes.Let cool for 5 minutes then cut into 6 servings.