Sometimes carving a pumpkin can be really frustrating - especially if you're like me and have no artistic talent! These Pumpkin Luminaries are a total life saver when it comes to decorating for Halloween. Not only do you not need to have any drawing skills, but they're super easy to make too. All you need are some cookie cutters, a hammer and a pumpkin...and you're good to go!
- Medium-large metal cookie cutters in shape(s) of your choice
- Battery-powered tea light(s)
- Working carefully, cut out the stem of the pumpkin and then scoop out all of the seeds and pulp from the inside.
- Gather your metal cookie cutter(s). Carefully place where you want the first cut-out to be, and hold the cookie cutter up to the pumpkin.
- Using the hammer, carefully hammer the cookie cutter evenly into the pumpkin until it pierces through the flesh. Be careful not to hammer too hard, especially in case you miss, so you don't smash through the pumpkin or hit your fingers.
- Continue doing this with whatever cookie cutter(s) you like, until you have cut-outs on all sides of the pumpkin.
- When ready, turn on tea lights and then place them inside the pumpkin for a spooky glow!