Who doesn’t love tater tots? The versatile potato is the perfect stand-in for so many recipes, including these Tater Tot Potato Skins!
Bacon and cheese bring these two-bite treats to a new level, and you can’t forget the sour cream and green onion to make them fully loaded come serving time. These will go fast - double it up if you’re serving a crowd!
- 2 pounds tater tots
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, par-cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a jumbo muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Microwave tater tots until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine oil, Parmesan, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
- Squeeze about 15 tater tots into each well of the prepared muffin pan, layering par-cooked bacon and cheese in between the tots. Brush the top of each “muffin” evenly with Parmesan-oil mixture.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp, and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, then cool slightly before removing carefully from the muffin tin. Serve with sour cream and sliced green onion. Enjoy!