Cinco de Mayo may have just passed, but anytime is a good time for a margarita! The Cookie Rookie inspired this new spin on the classic that the sweet tooth in you will love!
These are perfect for a party, as you can experiment with garnishes and soda flavors, and allow people to pick and choose their favorite! Top it all off with a cherry if you want to get extra fancy!
- 1 can (8 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice from one lime)
- 3 ounces good quality tequila
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Salt and lime slices for garnish
- Take a lime slice and rub it along the rim of each glass. Dip the glasses in salt to coat.
- In a large cup or pitcher, stir together the soda, tequila, and lime juice.
- Put one cup (about 3 scoops) of ice cream into each glass. Pour the margarita mixture over the ice cream.
- Garnish with a lime slice and lime zest if desired.
Inspired By: The Cookie Rookie