There's nothing more nostalgic to me as grandma's Ambrosia salad on holidays. I loved it so much that I made her make it every time I came over. Now I want to share this wonderful recipe with you.
This creamy dessert salad has bursts of pineapple, cherries, oranges and crunchy pecans. Oops, I almost forgot the fruity mini marshmallows that bring this "salad" to a whole other level!
SharedTechnically speaking a salad isn't always lettuce with fruit or veggies. A salad can basically be anything tossed together and eaten as a meal or side dish. In this case its a mashup designed to hit that sweet spot. A VERY vintage favorite your mother or even grandmother will most likely be familiar with.
Try this salad out, quick and easy to make! If your company doesn't love it, I know the kiddos will for sure. Whats not to love!
To make in a large bowl, stir together the whipped topping and yogurt.
Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold remaining ingredients into whipped topping.
Chill before serving.
- 8 ounces cool whip, thawed
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 11 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Fruit-Flavored Marshmallows
- In a large bowl, stir together the whipped topping and yogurt.
- Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold remaining ingredients into whipped topping.
- Chill before serving.
Do you know someone who loves dessert salads? Make sure to share this recipe with them!
Watch our video below that shows you step by step how to make this delicious Ambrosia Salad. Enjoy!