Dessert is one of the best things thanksgiving has to offer, well it’s also the one of the best things life has to offer. This is definitely a sure bet to make for a big thanksgiving spread!
Every pie needs a crunchy crust and we have a crushed nilla wafer one here and boy it's good! Creamy real sweet potato with fresh flavorings will shine, no cans involved in this one! Top it all off with marshmallows and with a quick broil in the oven you’re done!
- 50 NILLA Wafers, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 lb cooked sweet potatoes (about 2), peeled, mashed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Crush 40 wafers to form fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup butter and 2 tablespoons sugar; mix well. Press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Coarsely crush remaining wafers; mix with remaining butter. Reserve for later use.
- Beat all remaining ingredients except marshmallows with mixer until well blended; pour into crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 min. Top with crumb mixture and marshmallows; bake 5 min. or until marshmallows are puffed. Cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to serve.