If you’ve got a sweet tooth, have we got something for you! The Whipper-Snapper is the most decadent dessert you’ll come across in a while, and it’s perfect for the upcoming holiday season.
Each layer is so easy to make, and assembly gives you the ultimate treat, from the ginger cookies to the yummy chocolate ganache and cinnamon whip. All your friends and family will love this delicious dessert.
For the dulce de leche:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
For the ganache:
- 9 ounces dark chocolate chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
For the cinnamon whip:
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the cookies:
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- For the dulce de leche, pour can of condensed milk into a microwave safe bowl, then on 50% power cook for 4 minutes (stirring halfway through) in microwave. Reduce to 30% power and cook for 8-12 minutes (whisking every couple of minutes), until thick and caramel in color. Set aside.
- For the ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl and pour boiling cream over chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the cookies, beat shortening and sugar until creamy, add molasses and eggs, continue beating until smooth.
- Sift remaining ingredients in and stir until a soft dough is formed. Pinch off a golf ball-sized piece, form an oval shape and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool on wire rack.
- For cinnamon whip, mix whipped topping with cinnamon.
- To assemble, spoon dulce de leche into a wide-mouthed mason jar, crush half a cookie, then layer chocolate ganache on top, crushed cookie, then spoon on whipped cream. Garnish with full cookie on top and dust with cinnamon.