This is one of the best breakfasts you will ever make! This Pumpkin Pecan Braid is so delicious - it tastes just like cinnamon buns and pumpkin pie...yum! Serve it warm with some glaze drizzled on top for a mouthwatering breakfast you'll want to eat every day!
- 1 can crescent dough
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 teaspoon water, for egg wash
For the pumpkin pie filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 egg
For the pecan pie filling:
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon flour
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ heaping cup pecans, coarsely chopped
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese using a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the pumpkin puree until well-combined. Add in the egg, continue to beat until well-combined. Set in fridge.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar, egg, sugar, butter, flour, vanilla extract, and pecans. Set in the fridge while you prepare the crescent dough.
- Unroll crescent dough onto prepared baking sheet, then press dough into a rectangle.
- With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut 1 ½-inch long slices 1-inch apart on both sides of the rectangle. Leave the center uncut - there should be the same amount of slices on each side.
- Spread the chilled pumpkin pie filling down the middle third portion of the crescent dough, then scoop the chilled pecan pie filling on top, trying to mix both evenly.
- Fold the slices on each side over, alternating from side to side over the filling to form a braid, then brush the braid with egg wash.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes (until golden brown).
- In a small bowl mix together the ingredients for your glaze.
- Once braid is removed let sit for 5 minutes to cool, then drizzle the glaze on top. Enjoy!