Are they burgers or are they cupcakes? These adorable Cupcake Burgers are perfect to make for all your summer birthdays, BBQs and picnics. Not only are they super cute, but they're delicious too! All of your favorite sweet treats come together to create a mouthwatering dessert that looks like dinner. So cool!
- 1 box of golden yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- green food dye
- 1 box brownies (made ahead of time)
- 1 tube of frosting (divided)
- red food dye
- yellow food dye
- white sprinkles
- Mix together yellow cake mix, oil, water, and eggs together. Spoon into muffin trays and bake at 350 for 20-25 min, then allow cupcakes to cool.
- Take your tube of frosting and dye half of it red and the other half yellow and place into individual frosting bags.
- Take 1 cup of shredded coconut and dye it green using green food dye.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, cut your cupcakes in half to create the "hamburger buns".
- Use the bottom part of your cupcake to decide how big of a brownie circle your should cut to use at the meat patty.
- To assemble - take your bottom part of the cupcake and spread yellow frosting on it for the "cheese". Then add your brownie "meat patty", followed by your red frosting "ketchup", then your green coconut "lettuce", then place the the "bun" on top.
- Use a toothpick to hold it all together, then place a few white sprinkles on top to use as sesame seeds. Enjoy!