I've had ice cream sandwiches made out of donuts plenty of times before, but Ice Cream Donuts...have you ever tried these homemade donuts stuffed with ice cream?
The process is simple and quite easy to follow, and all you need is some refrigerated biscuit dough, ice cream, and a fryer! You'll love this cold treat!
- 2 tubes refrigerated biscuit dough
- Neapolitan ice cream
- Canola oil, for frying
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Open up the tubes of biscuit dough, then press each one into flat circles.
- Scoop a small amount of ice cream onto the center of the flattened dough, then begin to carefully wrap the edges of the dough around the ice cream. Secure the ball with an additional round of biscuit dough, ensuring to seal any openings well. Repeat this until all biscuit dough has been used. Freeze dough balls for 1 hour.
- Once biscuits are frozen, heat oil in a large pot or deep fryer to medium-high heat. Fry frozen dough balls quickly in batches until golden brown. Drain any excess oil on a paper towel-lined plate, then freeze fried donuts once more for another hour.
- While the donuts set up in the freezer, mix together the powdered sugar and milk to make a glaze in a small bowl.
- When ready to serve, pour the glaze evenly over the donuts, or use it as a dipper. Enjoy!