It's almost time for 4th of July festivities, and we've got the most refreshing treat for your shindig! These Jello U.S.A. Pops are patriotic and so yummy for a hot summer day's party.
Layer your jello for these colorful pops and set it all up in the fridge. These will be ready in no time - the perfect treat for both kids and adults!
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry jello mix
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- Ice cubes
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue jello mix
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip, thawed
- Combine dry cherry gelatin mix and 1/2 cup sugar in medium bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water, then stir 2 minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add enough ice cubes to 1 cup cold water to measure 2 cups.
- Add to gelatin, then stir until ice is completely melted. Pour evenly into 16 (5-ounce) paper or plastic cups, adding about 1/4 cup gelatin to each cup. Freeze 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine dry blue gelatin mix and remaining sugar in medium bowl. Add remaining boiling water, then stir 2 minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add enough ice cubes to remaining cold water to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin, then stir until ice is completely melted. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons Cool Whip over red gelatin in each cup - if thawed fully, freeze for 30 minutes-1 hour, then top evenly with blue gelatin, adding about 1/4 cup gelatin to each cup. Freeze 1 hour or until almost firm.
- Insert wooden pop stick or plastic spoon into center of each cup for handle. Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- To remove pops from cups, place bottoms of cups under warm running water for 15 seconds. Press firmly on bottoms of cups to release pops (do not twist or pull pop sticks).