If you’re looking for a fun delicious treat to make this Halloween, then these Monster Pretzels are for you! They’re sweet, salty, crunchy and oh-so-cute!
They’re so easy to make you can enlist some help from your kids. They’ll love watching these little monsters come to life before their eyes!
We made ours to look like little Frankenstein monsters, but you can choose to make your monsters look however you like. Feel free to switch up the candy melt colors and use your imagination when it comes to sprinkles and icing. The fun part about this little treat is that anything goes!
If you can't find square pretzels you can make your monsters using regular pretzels. Just dip them in colored candy melts and attach some candy eyes and you'll end up with something that looks like this.
Try a slightly different decorating technique and drizzle melted candy melts on your pretzel. You'll end up with a little furry looking monster that looks something like these adorable treats:
See below for the full list of ingredients and directions for how to make our monster pretzels.
- Waffle pretzels
- Green candy melts
- Black candy melts
- Red candy melts
- Vegetable shortening
- Brown sprinkles
- Candy eyes
- Melt your green candy melts according to package directions.
- Coat your waffle pretzels in the green candy coating.
- Sprinkle some of the brown sprinkles on the top of your coated pretzel. This will be your monster's hair. Place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Apply the candy eyes to your monster's face.
- Melt your red and black candy melts and put in a Ziploc bag. Snip the corner of each bag.
- Pipe out the black candy melt to draw a mouth on your monster.
- Next pipe the red candy melt above one of your monster's eyes (this will be a scar).
- Once all the candy melts have set, your monsters are ready to be eaten!
Do you know someone who would love this adorably spooky treat? Make sure to share the recipe with them!
Watch our video below that shows you step by step how to make these tasty monster pretzels. Let us know how they turn out!