Stuffed Apple Pies are the best pies you'll ever eat...you won't believe how easy they are to bake, either!
These little individual pies are literally baked inside the apples for apple on apple flavor like never before. Give these a try for the upcoming holidays and your guests will be raving at how delicious they are!
- 7 granny smith apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by hollowing out 4 apples. Use a paring knife to cut a circle around the top of the apple. Remove what you can with the knife, before switching to a melon baller. Set these apples on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, use a fork to combine the brown sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, flour, salt, room temperature butter, and cinnamon.
- Next, peel, core, and dice the remaining three apples. Pour the diced apple into the mixing bowl and toss them in the butter, flour, sugar mixture.
- Spoon the diced apples into the hollowed out apples.
- Cut four squares, about 4 inches big, out of the puff pastry. Then cut a few slits in the center. Drape the puff pastry over the apples. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy warm or room temperature!