One of the most important determinants of health come from our mental attitude.
If we believe that we have the ability to face challenges with a clear mind and a positive attitude, all of life's little headaches will seem to dissolve before our eyes.
It's not just about mind over matter, but connecting with the way we think and feel. Just like leg muscles learning to balance while riding a bike, our 'mind muscles' can learn to balance tricky thinking with meditation.
Take just five minutes every morning to sit in a quiet place. If you practice this simple meditation every day, you'll notice a difference in your mood and your thinking within two weeks!
Simple Breathing Meditation
1. Sit in a comfortable, quite room.
2. Find a position that you can hold easily for 5 minutes - either propped up with pillows, in a cozy chair or cross-legged on the floor
3. Rest your hands in your lap and close your eyes
4. Inhale slowly through your nose, count to 6
5. Hold your breath for 3 counts
6. Exhale slowly through your mouth, count to 6
7. Hold your breath for 3 counts
8. Repeat this cycle for 5 minutes, then return to normal breathing