When it comes to breakfast, to me it's a meal you just can't skip. Whoever said breakfast needed to be boring, anyway? The most important meal of the day can also be the most exciting!
This Blueberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid definitely hits the mark when it comes to exciting. All you need is some pre-packaged crescent roll dough, cream cheese, and fresh berries! It's so easy to braid this up (and to eat it all as well, let's be real).
- 1 (8 ounce) tube, crescent dough sheet
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons turbinado or raw sugar
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On parchment paper, roll out the crescent dough, and pinch together any holes or perforations.
- On a bowl, cream together the 4 ounces of cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Spread into the center of the dough, leaving about 4" on each side. Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut diagonal 1"strips along the sides of the dough.
- Rinse and drain the blueberries. In a bowl, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the cornstarch, and mix together to coat the berries. Pour the berry mixture over the center cream cheese area of the dough. Sprinkle the berries with the sliced almonds.
- Gently fold over each end of the dough on to the berries, and fold in each strip of the dough, until all the berries and almonds are encased. Sprinkle the top of the dough with the turbinado or raw sugar granules. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- While pastry is baking, mix together the glaze by creaming together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and milk. Mix until smooth.
- When breakfast braid comes out of the oven, drizzle with glaze. Slice and serve.