Krispy Kreme's Reese's Peanut Butter Donut is only available for a limited time, but what if we told you that a more delicious, homemade version could be made in your own kitchen?
That's right, this Copycat Reese's Peanut Butter Donut is the ultimate treat for chocolate lovers, and makes a whole batch that you can share with your family and friends! Why wait - these donuts are so easy to make with refrigerated biscuit dough and homemade cream filling, chocolate icing, and of course, a peanut butter drizzle. Go on, indulge yourself!
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- Oil for frying
For the Reese's Peanut Butter cream filling:
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
For the chocolate icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
For the peanut butter drizzle:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
For the topping:
- Reese's peanut butter chips
- Crushed peanuts, for topping
- Preheat oil in a fryer or large pot to 375 degrees.
- To make the Reese's Peanut Butter cream filling, in a medium bowl, beat together the peanut butter and vanilla until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar, continuing to beat until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it reaches a smooth, creamy consistency. Transfer to a ziploc or piping bag, then set aside.
- Separate biscuits into single portions. Gently place two biscuits in the hot oil, then fry 2 minutes. Using tongs, flip biscuits over and fry another 2 minutes, or until the donuts are a deep golden brown color all over.
- Transfer donuts to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil, then repeat for the remaining biscuit dough. Using the handle of a wooden spoon or a butter knife, gently poke a hole into the side of each donut.
- Fill each donut with the prepared cream filling. Place on cooling rack until ready for dipping.
- For the chocolate icing, whisk together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the melted butter, then whisk in the vanilla extract and milk until smooth.
- Reserve a small amount of glaze in a ziploc or piping bag for topping later. Dip each donut into the glaze, then place on a cooling rack to allow the glaze to set about 10-15 minutes.
- To make the peanut butter drizzle, in a bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and milk. Add in the peanut butter and stir until smooth. Transfer to a ziploc or piping bag.
- Once glaze has set, sprinkle on Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Chips and peanuts, then drizzle on the reserved chocolate glaze and the peanut butter drizzle. Enjoy!