Whoopie pies are famously delicious, and it's undecided as to whether it's a cookie, pie, or a cake. Despite the indecisiveness, one thing is for sure - whoopie pies are ridiculously tasty.
We decided to bring you the whoopie pie in its best form - this Giant Whoopie Pie is meant for sharing and will truly satisfy the chocolate-lover in you. It's easier to bake up than you think, so why not give it a try?! You won't regret it!
For the cake:
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
For the filling:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
For the chocolate topping:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Small pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease and sprinkle cocoa powder on bundt pan.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, blend cake batter ingredients until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan, then bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with crumbs.
- Cool in bundt pan for about 10 minutes, then carefully cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled completely, slice cake in half horizontally.
- For the filling, in a large bowl using a hand mixer, blend together the butter, marshmallow cream and vanilla until well-blended. Gradually add sugar, beating after each addition until well-blended.
- Blend in 1 tablespoon of the milk. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of milk if necessary for desired spreading consistency.
- Spread the filling over the bottom half of the cooled cake, then carefully place the top half on top.
- For the chocolate topping, microwave cream on short intervals until it just starts to bubble. Pour over chocolate and add salt. Let stand for 10 minutes, then stir with a whisk until smooth and shiny. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure all is well-combined. (If some chocolate is still not melted, microwave on 10-second intervals stirring in between until it is well-incorporated).
- Cool the chocolate topping for 10 minutes, then pour carefully over cake.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature before eating, enjoy!