You haven't tried a delicious chocolate cake until you've tried this mayonnaise cake recipe. Minimal ingredients and easy to follow instructions make this cake recipe a staple in my dessert cookbook.
Don't worry if you're not a fan of mayonnaise either....you won't even taste it!
- 1 ½ cups of mayonnaise
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- â…“ cup cocoa
- 2 ¼ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Grease two cake pans (9 x 1 ½ ) and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mixed together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda).
- Add in the mayonnaise and stir to combine.
- Slowly stir in the water.
- Finally add in the vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixtures equally into both pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and have it come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to to cool.
- Finish with your favorite chocolate icing.