How many times have you baked a cake only to find out when you take it out of the oven that it's stuck in the pan? It's basically the last thing you want to have happen when you're in the middle of making a decadent dessert.
Next time this happens to you, don't stress! You can transform your cake into an equally delicious and easy sweet treat - cake pops!
Here's how you do it.
- Scoop your cooled cake out of the pan and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add enough frosting to the cake to make it stick together when rolled into balls.
- Use a tablespoon sized scoop to make balls out of the cake and frosting mixture and place on a baking sheet. Chill for about 15 min.
- Melt 1 cup of white chocolate in the microwave. I find that doing this in 30 second intervals works best so that you don't accidentally burn the chocolate.
- Dip the end of a cake pop stick into the melted chocolate and place back down on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the balls have sticks. Place back in fridge to chill.
- Once chilled dip them into your melted chocolate and top with sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.
The best thing about cake pops is that you can experiment with the flavors, sprinkles and chocolate coatings. Try dipping them in dark chocolate, or drizzling them with caramel...the sky's the limit with these easy bite-sized treats!