If you love tater tots, this recipe for Tater Tot Waffle Grilled Cheese is for you. Pull out the waffle iron for a new take on a grilled cheese that you won’t want to share.
For a kick of heat, add in a sprinkling of jalapenos, and don’t skip that bacon! You’ll love the flavor packed into this delicious sandwich.
- 2 pounds frozen tater tots
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 large jalapeño, deseeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat waffle iron to high.
- Cook tater tots about 4 minutes in the microwave, until soft. Create an even layer with the tater tots in the waffle iron, making sure to pack them in to fit as many as you can. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Close the iron, cooking the tater tots until crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Remove the waffle to a cooling rack, then make another waffle in the same method, with the remaining tater tots and salt.
- Once the second waffle is done, leave it in the waffle iron, and evenly sprinkle half the cheese, bacon, and jalapeno on top. Add the remaining cheese, then replace the first waffle on top. Close the waffle iron carefully, but don’t squish it down too much.
- Cook about 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts, then remove onto a plate.
- Cut up into quarters and enjoy!